MonsoonSIM is an award-winning business simulation and gamification education platform. This platform has been used in business education since 2013. To date, we have more than 70,000 registered learners and a rapidly growing user base.
MonsoonSIM allows educators to change the way they teach business concepts. For example :
- Instead of teaching with theory alone, you allow the learners to conduct self-directed learning --- through simulation and gamification
- Through simulation, provide a deeper understanding and recall of business concepts
- Teachers become facilitators and motivators
What our users said about MonsoonSIM:
"Extending the boundary of teaching and learning"
Dr. Edwin Lim of Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
"Improve both the breadth and depth of students' learning"
By: Dr. Leong.Y Jonathan and Dr. Ma Nang Laik, Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS), Singapore - European Journal of Social Sciences Education and Research Articles
"Learning by linking gamification and working with live data is a way to teach students to think and to transfer the gained knowledge and skills in their companies or to their employers"
Prof. Dr. Violeta Cvetksoka, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Faculty of Economics – Skopje, North Macedonia
"I have been looking for a tool that helps demonstrate the integration of ERP systems, and MonsoonSim provides this"
Severin Grabski, Ph.D., Faculty Director, MS Business Analytics, Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, USA
"I have never seen a more complete or realistic simulation"
By: Dr. Scott Dell, CPA, DBA, Assistant Professor, School of Business, Francis Marion University, USA
" Extremely robust and we experience no difficulties in running games for on-campus or off-campus students"
Christine Contessotto, Associate Dean Teaching and Learning, Faculty of Business and Law, Department of Accounting, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
"A single system providing a process of visibility, analytics and efficiency across every aspect of a business which makes the simulation and training very meaningful"
Donny Siu, Associated Director, Entrepreneurship Center, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
"Students will be equipped with skills that provide a higher chance of employ-ability"
Dr. Charlie Lim, Kaplan, Singapore
"Great way to engage students for intro course from multiple areas of study"
Nancy Jones, San Diego State University, USA
There are altogether close to three hundred micro-business concepts. These are important and fundamental concepts applicable to any trading, distribution, eCommerce, manufacturing, and service business. MonsoonSIM allows learners to discover these concepts through experiential learning and analysis. The concepts are carefully wrapped into a typical business simulation with thirteen business departments. Data live access is also available for analysis and reflection of the learner's business decisions. Educators can decide to teach the basics for example, Accounting with Retail or use MonsoonSIM to teach advanced level concepts such as capital budgeting.
Key concepts covered in MonsoonSIM are:
- Concept of ERP/ Supply Chain
- Concept of Business Process Integration
- Concept of Integrated business system
- Concept of running a large business
- Concept of asset maintenance
- Concept of human resources management
- Concept of marketing
- Concept of retailing
- Concept of logistics/supply chains
- Concept of material planning
- Concept of eCommerce
- Concept of forecasting
- Concept of accounting
- Concept of cash management
- Concept of wholesaling
- Concept of service management
- Concept of production
- Concept of human resource management
- Concept of business intelligence
- Concept of data analytics
- Importance of teamwork in running a large business
MonsoonSIM is a suitable platform to teach:
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Operation Management
- Management and Financial Accounting
- Business Fundamentals
- Economics Fundamentals.
- Human Resources
- Capstone Projects
- Data Analytics can be applied to all of the courses above
MonsoonSIM is the first true cloud-based Experiential Learning system in the world that covers such a broad spectrum of business concepts. See how you can transform your teaching today. Book a demo with us now!